Eventuri Honda FK8 Civic Type R - Black Carbon Charge-Pipe
Part #: eveEVE-FK8-CF-CHG
Presenting a World First – an all carbon FK8 turbo inlet tube. We have invested months of intense R&D in developing an inlet which leaves no room for compromise. VOLUME – FLOW QUALITY – TEMPERATURE are the 3 main design criteria which we sought to meet.
1) VOLUME : Inlet Diameters – Eventuri 78mm : Stock 63mm. By maintaining the MAF section diameter from the intake through to the turbo tube we have increased the cross sectional area by over 53% for the majority of the intake flow path to the turbo. Clearly with significantly larger internal diameter sizes, the Eventuri tube encapsulates a much larger internal volume which de-restricts the flow path to the turbo. This allows the turbo to operate more efficiently and spool up to peak boost levels faster. It also allows the turbo to operate at peak boost with less turbine loading.
2) FLOW QUALITY : Having just a large internal volume is no good unless the flow path also allows for smooth airflow to the turbo. By using high temperature Prepreg Carbon Fiber we have managed to achieve a smooth internal surface. In contrast, the stock inlet tube is made from cast aluminium which ends up with a rough internal surface. This coupled with the smooth curvature of the elbow results in a flow path which minimises turbulence.
3) TEMPERATURE : The final criteria was to minimise the conduction of heat into the airflow. The stock inlet is directly connected to the turbo and so immediately conducts heat as the turbo spools. Our system uses a machined flange which connects to the turbo and then a silicon coupler with an integrated thermal spacer to keep the carbon elbow from having direct contact with the turbo. This barrier coupled with the low through-thickness thermal conductivity of carbon fiber results in less heat being transferred to the airflow.
Performance Gain (FK2 at stage 2 tune): 15-18hp, 17-20ft-lb
Performance Gain (FK8 stock software): 5hp 5ft-lb peak, 15hp 18ft-lb under 4k rpm
Note: Eventuri intake owners with the existing V2 MAF tube.
- Carbon Fiber Turbo Tube
- Custom Silicon Joiner at intake side
- CNC Machined Turbo Flange
- Custom Silicon Coupler at Turbo Side
- Laser Cut Stainless Steel Brackets
- Anti-Vibration Mount
Share this Product
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh
- Opens in a new window.
- Opens external website in a new window.