K&N Typhoon Intake System - Subaru WRX 2015-2017
TYPHOON AIR INTAKE SYSTEM BY K&N
The K&N 69-8006TTK Typhoon air intake system is a free-flowing, mandrel-bent aluminum tube air induction system designed to fit some Subaru WRX Turbo models. The restrictive factory air filter and air intake housing are replaced by the K&N Typhoon air intake which is designed to dramatically reduce air flow restriction as it smoothes and straightens air flow. This allows your engine to inhale a larger amount of air than the factory air intake. More air means more usable power and acceleration throughout the engine’s RPM range. In addition to more power, this air intake system improves engine sound with more aggressive and deeper acoustics during acceleration. The 69-8006TTK air intake comes with a black rubber topped K&N high-flow air filter and a heat shield that installs into the original air box space. Air is directed through the intake tube into the engine’s turbo inlet for a guaranteed power gain. The intake tube has an attractive textured black powder-coated finish that's made to last and it accommodates the factory mass air sensor. The oversized cone shaped air filter can be used for up to 100,000 miles before servicing is needed depending on driving conditions. This air intake is relatively easy to install usually in 90 minutes or less using existing factory mounting points. The tools needed are a couple of screwdrivers, a ratchet set and some wrenches. Some Typhoon air intakes are not legal for sale or use in California and other states adopting California emission standards while others are CARB exempt and 50 state legal. Check the K&N catalog or website for vehicle applications and specific CARB status for each vehicle and air intake.
- Guaranteed to increase horsepower
- Designed to improve throttle response and engine sound
- Free-flowing aluminum tube
- Easy to install, usually in 90 minutes or less
- Lasts up to 100,000 miles before service is required (depending on driving conditions)
- Replaces entire factory air intake system
- Washable and reusable lifetime air filter
- Estimated Horsepower Gain: 9.16 HP @ 4800 RPM
- Air Filter Color: Red
- Air Filter Height: 5.5 in (140 mm)
- Air Filter Material: Cotton Gauze
- Air Filter Outlet Shape: Round
- California Restricted: Not legal for sale or use in California
- Clamp Material: Steel
- Clamp Style: Regular
- Clamps Included: 1
- Intake Pipe Color / Finish: Textured Black
- Intake Pipe Material: Aluminum
- Product Box Height: 12.5 in (318 mm)
- Product Box Length: 20.25 in (514 mm)
- Product Box Width: 12.25 in (311 mm)
- Product Style: 69 Series Typhoon Kits
- Replacement Filter: RU-4960
- Street Legal In All US States: No
- System Type: Cold-Air Intake System
- TUV Approved (Europe): No
- Weight: 8 lb (3.6 kg)
- Horsepower gains based on similar vehicle dynamometer test. Results will vary.
- 2015-2017 Subaru WRX
WHAT'S IN THE BOX?
- Typhoon Air Intake System
Share this Product
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh
- Opens in a new window.
- Opens external website in a new window.