Mishimoto 2015+ BMW F8X M3/M4 Performance Heat Exchanger
Part #: misMMHE-F80-15
- Direct fit for the 2015–2020 BMW M3, M4, and M2 Competition
- 10°F drop in global intercooler coolant temperatures over stock
- 60% increase in core volume
- Includes durable stainless-steel stone guard for maximum protection against road debris
- 180% increase in external fin surface area
- Increases intercooler coolant capacity by 0.6 gallons
- Full aluminum, TIG-welded construction
- Dual-pass design for maximum cooling
- Variable fin-pitch design for improved airflow to DCT cooler
- Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty
Improve the cooling capacity for your 2015–2020 BMW M3 or M4 with the Mishimoto Performance Heat Exchanger. Air-to-water intercooling is a means of more efficient heat transfer from the charged air, but it now requires an additional heat exchanger mounted to the front of the vehicle in order to dissipate the transferred heat. The S55 powering the F8X generation of M’s packs quite a punch thanks to the A2W system. While the BMW engineers laid the foundation for dissipating heat from the intercooling system, we still saw some room to improve on their design.
We started by eliminating any bits of plastic and promptly replaced the end tanks, including the inlet and outlet ports, with durable aluminum. We kept the dual-pass flow through the core for maximum cooling properties while expanding the core into the available space. Our new design features a 42mm thick core while extending the height by 150 mm, totaling in a 60% increase in core volume and a 180% increase in fin surface area. The end result of our improvements is a 10°F drop in global intercooling temperatures over the stock unit.
Size isn’t the only thing that matters with this heat exchanger. Since the heat exchanger sits front and center in the M3 and M4’s cooling stack, it’s susceptible to damage from road debris. To keep your air-to-water system safe, our heat exchanger comes equipped with an optional steel mesh stone guard for an added layer of protection for the fins. We also incorporated a variable fin pitch for the lower 12 rows on the core in order to facilitate cooling to DCT-equipped M's. Finally, our 2015–2020 BMW F8X M3/M4 Performance Heat Exchanger includes the Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty for a worry-free install.
Share this Product
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh
- Opens in a new window.
- Opens external website in a new window.