VR Aero Carbon Fiber Rear Bumper Mid-Section McLaren 720S
Being the middle ground model from McLaren, the 720S is quite the engineering marvel. With looks that could kill, astonishing speed, and prestigious looks the 720S is a car you don't want to compete against. Many owners feel there is a lack of exterior carbon fiber components to encompass the performance that is displayed everywhere else.
Vivid Racing set out to enhance these incredible features with the VR Aero carbon fiber rear bumper midsection. The gorgeous 2x2 (3K Twill Weave) not only captures the attention of on-lookers but adds to the performance aesthetic of the 720S. By matching the same manufacturing and weave methods as McLaren, each piece is pre-preg dry carbon fiber for ultimate durability and precision fitment. The dry carbon fiber also weighs next to nothing for those that are die-hard about weight savings.
Precision fitment is a result of 3D scanning and CAD engineering, which eliminates the need for modification. The carbon fiber rear bumper accentuates the performance looks and ties the rear end together. Defining edges that flow with the body lines is what makes this piece so distinctive.
The pre-preg construction and UV-resistant epoxy eliminate the chances of the rear bumper getting yellow and hazy over time. Commonly seen in cheaper carbon fiber, a yellow haze can form after being exposed to UV rays. Have no fear as the VR Aero rear bumper eliminates this possibility and will look stunning year after year.
- Products feature a gloss UV protective clearcoat
- 2x2 3K twill weave construction to match performance aesthetic
- Pre-preg dry carbon fiber contriving proves to be lightweight and durable
- Precision fitment thanks to 3D scanning and CAD engineering
- Easy and quick installation method
- OEM+ style manufacturing provides precision fitment and finish
- UV resistant resin and pre-preg forming prevent hazing
- No modification necessary for installation
What is Dry Carbon Fiber?
Dry carbon fiber is formed by using a pre-preg or impregnated piece of carbon materials. This piece of carbon is first placed into a mold, and then into a sealed vacuum to properly cure. This particular method creates the least amount of waste and forms a lighter version of carbon than the "wet" method. The vacuuming process of making dry carbon means that there are fewer pinholes and almost no air pockets that form in the carbon. Dry carbon is the highest quality version of carbon fiber products that are produced. However, it is 3 to 4 times more expensive to produce than its counterpart.
Advantages of Dry Carbon Fiber:
- 60% Lighter and Significantly stronger
- Superior manufacturing process
- Uses a dry finish for enhancing its cosmetic appearance
Share this Product
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh
- Opens in a new window.
- Opens external website in a new window.